Thursday, February 15, 2007

Have to Blog (Feb.15)

first off, a very happy valentine's day to everyone. hope it was great with your loved ones and all the sweet crap.

moving on...

valentine's day evening performance was very exciting. Rick Faugno (who plays our Joey) went on as Frankie Valli which became the first major substitution we have had in the show so far. and truly...he was fantastic. the entire cast has this surge of energy from the get-go having one of our ensemble members go on as one of the "Four" (i even saw Michael Ingersoll - our Nick Massi - give a wink and smile to him as he turned upstage to sing "Silhouettes").

the show actually flew by. all the excitement and adrenaline and before you know it, we are at "Who Loves You" and Rick has finished a stunning debut as Frankie. and i'm proud to say, though we have been instructed in the past not to do it, as Rick took his bow, the entire ensemble joined the audience in applauding his performance.

and one performance became two as Chris Jones is stuck in NYC in that disgusting snow storm, and Rick went on again tonight. two in a row. hit them out of the park both times.

the rest of the weekend continues the excitement. simply because if Chris stays stuck in NYC, the Jarrod goes back on. additionally, Nate Klau is gone the rest of the weekend for a family get together, so Erik Bates and Doug Crawford both split his track throughout the weekend...which means as of Saturday, everyone in the cast will have gone on at some point!

so that's the excitement of the week...

...oh wait, one more thing.

can't say much because we are waiting for details. but you might want to put March 19 on your schedules. and you might want to set your Tivo's and DVR's. and you might want to set it to NBC.

...maybe...perhaps...we'll see...

i have the best job in the world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hillary said...

Hi!
I just wanted to let you know that I am SO excited to have discovered your blog. I saw JB on January 2nd, and I'm now absolutely crazy about it! Reading your blog makes me feel like I'm on the inside. Thanks! I'll look forward to updates!

February 19, 2007 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric!

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I've seen the show 3 times already, and it was amazing every time! Last Thursday I got to see Rick on as Frankie, and he did a wonderful job. I'm actually coming again this Saturday, so I'll be somewhere in the front row. =)

I don't know if I'd be able to handle all the rehearsals you have... rehearsals for the musical I'm in at my school are only 4 times a week for 3ish hours each, and we don't have any performances on top of that! Our show doesn't open until the end of March.

Well, thanks again for posting! I look forward to reading more. =)

February 21, 2007 8:30 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

hi.
I just wanted to say that I've seen Jersey Boys twice already and both times it was AMAZING! my friend and I have put this musical above our Wicked and Rent obsessions. I hope that NBC thing happens. Please keep updating your blog.
Thanks!

February 24, 2007 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home