Friday, March 30, 2007

Saying Goodbye To a Friend (March 29)

so...

wednesday afternoon was a sad show. not so much because usually wednesday matinees bring in a quieter and sometimes older crowd...but sad because with the final bows, we had to say goodbye to a friend.

wednesday matinee saw the last show of our Frankie alternate, Jarrod Spector. honestly, i don't know what i'm allowed to announce or not, so let's just say that Jarrod is off to some great things and the entire cast and crew couldn't be more thrilled for him. however, if i can be greedy for a moment, i am going to miss that kid a ton...and "Moody's Mood" has never sounded better...ever.

he has been a great friend and a true professional onstage. his sense of humor was always welcome backstage (and onstage when we weren't caught), and it truly has been a pleasure sharing the stage with him twice a week. and other than the fact that he took me for $20 last week at a poker game, i wish him the best in all of his future endeavors and i truly hope our paths cross sooner than later.

and saying goodbye to Jarrod also means we have to say goodbye to his parents, Chuck and Beth. we have been lucky to have visits from them about once a month when they fly in to stay about a week and make sure to see all of the shows he's scheduled to do. they had a great Super Bowl party for us and every time we see them at the stage door, it's like our own family has just visited...you can't find more sweet people and i thank them as well for always making sure to say hello to each one of us with a big smile and hug.

also leaving our little family was our stage manager, Patty Lyons, and our associate conductor, John "Smitty" Smith. both of them will be joining the second national tour of our little show and i need to thank them as well for everything they did for us as well. The second national really will gain a lot from them joining, and I can't say enough great things about both of them!

so that's the big news for now i suppose. lots more to announce in the coming weeks, but for now i have to keep it under wraps (i think). i guess when it is "official" to me, than i can make it "official" to you...

a few last things:

1) do you know of anyone in the Los Angeles area that is looking to sublet their place? sarah and i (and Toby the dog) are looking for a place from late May to late August. please email me at theguter@hotmail.com if you know of any leads. craig's list is great, but i'm really hoping to find something through direct referrals.

2) vegas is on baby! this sunday, me, Miles Aubrey and 8 other guys in the cast are flying to Vegas for a dual-bachelor weekend! less than 3 days and we are all super pumped to do some gambling and...um...celebrate Passover.

okay - about 2am and i am beat. understudy rehearsal tomorrow (i'm playing Bob) and i need to get some rest.

good night to you all.



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodbyes are always hard...I hope Jarrod is doing well..whatever he is doing.

I am seeing Jersey Boys this sunday in NYC. I hope to see you in the tour if it comes around my area.

Have a great week.

March 30, 2007 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sad to hear that Jarrod had his last show... I was hoping to see him perform again before the end of the SF run.

Have a great time in Vegas!

March 30, 2007 3:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is sad. We got Wed mat tickets specifically to see Jarrod -- now we won't...

March 30, 2007 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Eric. I've never seen Jarrod perform but I've only heard great things about him. I'm sure he'll do well in whatever he's doing next. But since he's gone, who will be playing Frankie on Tues and Wed matinee?

March 30, 2007 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a REALLY strong feeling that jarrod is going to be frankie for the 2nd national...just a hunch from what you and erich have mentioned so far. you two and your teasing about news!

have fun in vegas this weekend! will what happens in vegas stay in vegas however? xD

what area of LA are you looking to stay in? my friend MIGHT be trying to rent out her apartment that's by UCLA...

March 31, 2007 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I finally figured out how to leave comments! I've been following your blog ever since I saw Jersey Boys in January, and I got a screenname awhile ago, but I haven't been able to get my screenname and password to correlate with this whole New Blogger/Old Blogger thing on Google. Go figure! If you leave comments anonymously, it's easy! : )

I'm sad to hear that Jarrod's gone. I'm coming to see the Wednesday matinee, and I was looking forward to seeing him, but I know that all you stand-bys are great too! It would be cool to see Chris Kale Jones. (I saw Jarrod last time I saw the show.)

Anyway, have fun in Vegas! Will you be back by Wednesday? I hope so! If a stand-by has to go on for Erich or Deven, I'd love to see you perform!

Hillary : )

March 31, 2007 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read on the Jersey Boys Blog that Jarrod will be playing Frankie Valli in the Second National Tour Production.

Go figure. :D

April 02, 2007 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Jarrod will be Frankie for the 2nd Tour.

April 02, 2007 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, I love reading your blogs. It's such a great way for you to share your life with people. I'm sorry I never got a chance to see Jarrod perform but I wish him loads of happiness in his next endeavor!
SO, CALL YOUR MOTHER!!! I love you lots! Love always, Mama xxooxx

April 02, 2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home