Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dramaturgy, music parts, dancing...oh my!

So the last two days has been filled with more information about New Jersey, Tommy Devito, Gyp DeCarlo, Belleville, Cadillac Devilles, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and Joe Long that I ever thought I would ever know.

You see, there is a method of study called Dramaturgy where the cast sits down and reads through the script with a Dramaturg and she explains, in GREAT detail, what everything means in the script. We talk about "Big Girls Don't Cry" - we pause and for 10 minutes discuss when it was written, by who, and what it was inspired by.

Let me make this clear my friends...this process was amazing! I learned so much about the Four Seasons and where they are from and the woman who led us through this, Allison Horsley, a brilliant Dramaturg from Colorado, force fed us more information than anything I ever went through in all my studies in college.

After lunch today, when the Dramaturgy process was over, we finally got to spend some time with Ron Melrose, our music director and the vocal arranger for the show. We went through the first few songs with him and I am thrilled I get to back-up Deven May on a few of the opening numbers.

Oh yeah, so you know...in order to get the true "Four Seasons" sound...just as they did on their records, there are some of us in the cast who are literally doubling the leads voices from backstage. I get to take care of some of the duties in the first montage of songs...and I love that I am getting the opportunity.

From there, I was let off a little early because Sergio was working with other members of the cast on the opening dance number and I got enjoy the rest of the evening back with Sarah and Toby.

Tomorrow is going to be great...lots of time with Ron and Sergio...the ship has started to sail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home