Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Random Thoughts (March 19)

just a really quick blog tonight...and there's gonna' be lots of rambling.

i went on as Nick last week for four shows. all in all, i was very happy and FOCUSED. sarah finally got to see me on tuesday night and it was great having her there for support. both shows wednesday went without a hitch and although i was exhausted after a two-show day, it was great to start getting comfortable in the role. maybe too comfortable...? thursday sucked. full on sucked. i apologize if you were in the audience because i dont know if i was doing "Nick Massi" or Nick's slower brother, "Scotty Massi". i wasn't connecting to the lines, my staging was a little off and i didn't get one laugh on the "Ringo" line...not one...not even a chuckle...good lord.

suffice to say, i'm looking forward to redemption the next time i'm able to go on.

but for those of you who want to see me as Tommy, just a reminder that tomorrow (Thurs, March 20) is the big debut! Followed by Friday night and next Tuesday and both shows Wednesday (March 25-26). if you are in the city and can snag a standing room or actual seat, i would love to have some support out there. if not, send good thoughts my way...

i bought tickets to see Kids in the Hall in a few weeks. i love the Kids in the Hall - i have since high school. i saw them about six years ago on their last comedy tour but was so hopped up on cold medicine that i literally almost fell asleep/passed out before they even started. i'm really looking forward to seeing them without any sickness from my 3rd row center seats this time. sarah is not really a fan so i think Peter Gregus is going to be my date...good times.

Nate Klau left the "Sherry" tour...so very sad for the tour but i am thrilled he is back in the city. Nate-O is the best...an amazing friend and a neurotic mess and i can't wait to hang out with him again. some other dude took his place on the tour but i'm not there anymore so i don't really know who it is. i think his name is Huck or Buck or something.

what's going on with this weather...? why is it 50 degrees yesterday and then cold and rainy today? and why is it supposed to be beautiful the rest of the week? why can't it just be spring already so i can put my sweatshirts and heavy coat away? and why haven't i bought a second umbrella so i'm not stuck getting soaked every time i walk out of my house?

next Monday is going to be a great day. it's the day i go to Duane Reade or Rite Aid and all the Easter Peeps are 50% off. i love Peeps. i love them even more at 50% off. i love taking the plastic off the top of them and waiting a day or two to eat them so they harden up a little. freaking peeps and your marshmallowey goodness - you will be the death of me.

to end, i want to share a fantastic commercial sarah saw on the TV and then found online just so we can laugh some more. it's a great commercial - especially if you are a dog owner/lover like we are. enjoy.

until next time...


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gutty!

Another entry--I am so happy you blogged in. Please do not be so hard on yourself! I give you props for being so passionate about your work and that you are focused/tuned into your work! Besides, it can be tricky if you do not know if you are Nick one day, then you are Tommy the next! Say, is that not the case tonight?! Break a leg!

March 20, 2008 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's OK, Gutty. We all have our "Scotty Massi" day. :)

March 20, 2008 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa! Love the commercial. Enjoy your 50% off peeps. Who doesn't like Scotty Massi anyway? I hope I get to see you play Tommy some day. Happy Easter!

March 20, 2008 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eric - just read your latest blog - Don't be so hard on yourself - I'm sure you are doing a great job - wish I could be there to see you do Tommy - Break a leg - Now about peeps - if there is a Target store in NY they have them on sale for 99C - I bought some today for the gal that helps me with my needlepoint - she showed me a trick - put one on a piece of wax paper & place in the Micro for 30 seconds - she says they are delicious that way - I wouldn't taste one if you paid me -
Take care,
Love you both,
Bubi

March 20, 2008 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Gutty! I do not think people know who Ringo is or even get the joke of being the "Ringo" of the group. If they only knew. . . .

C'est La Vie!

March 21, 2008 8:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to see your Tommy next Wednesday matinee! I was able to snag a seat. Gary from JB fan club.

March 22, 2008 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, Peeps?!!! Good Lord, don't you know eating plastic food will kill you? I love your blogs...keeps me laughing. And I agree, we all have our Scotty Massi days, but he's history. Knock 'em dead with Tommy.

March 25, 2008 8:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

a "neurotic mess"?
You are the best, my friend.
I look to you as a model of calm cool-under pressure laid-backness.
Hope Tommy went great today!

March 26, 2008 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home