Saturday, December 06, 2008

the early morning before the end (dec.7)

this afternoon is my last show in Jersey Boys.

i tallied up all the shows i have done between the tour and Broadway and i happen to be leaving exactly on show #800.

it still hasn't hit me yet. maybe it will sometime in the first act. maybe it will later when the cast and i are out having drinks. maybe it will take two weeks when i find myself doubling Tommy's part in "Big Girls Don't Cry" while i put up shelving in the baby's room.

but it's happening. i am numb to it right now.

i think my cast mates are amazing. i feel blessed to have worked with such talented people both on the road and in NYC. i feel lucky to have had John Altieri in my life. i am amazed that tomorrow i get to walk onto a Broadway stage for 1,222 people and know that by the end of the show, the August Wilson theatre will erupt in applause as it has show after show after show.

800 shows.
11,200 costume changes.
84 blog posts.
i have covered and performed in four principal roles - three of which were Seasons.
i have performed for roughly 1.1 million people.

i will post one more blog after this one. and then...

thank you all for your love, support and encouragement.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will miss your blogs, but I will enjoy having you and sarah home in Michigan with my first grand child.
One comment.......
at an age when many people sigh and say,, I wish I could have done that,,, you went and did it.
You will have wonderful memories of the past couple of years for the rest of your life...
I am VERY proud and impressed with what you did!!
welcome home

Sandy
(Sarah's Dad)

December 07, 2008 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My talented handsome nephew......what an amazing career you have had and an amazing life with Sarah, and soon your first child. I will miss your blog, but am so happy that you guys have come back to be with family and friends to raise your daughter to be. We look forward to being a part of yours and Sarah's support system and can't wait to see you and watch your daughter grow up, as I have watched you, all of these years.......Yes.....WELCOME HOME.....
Love....Aunt Sha

December 07, 2008 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Eric - YOU DID IT - You had your fling on Broadway & now you are coming home to start a whole new life with Sarah & your soon to be born daughter - You have made your parents proud & also your new family - We all wish you luck in whatever your future plans are & am so glad that we will all be able to share in having a part in seeing our future "STAR" on a permanent basis
Love to the 3 of you,
Bubi Goldie

December 07, 2008 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

break a leg in your next role and production of a lifetime--Dad!

December 08, 2008 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,

David Bauman here, a very good friend of john altieris. My mother who lives in Wisconsin, saw Jersey Boys in chicago yesterday. I told her to watch for you, she loved the show, and said you actually reminded her a little bit of John.
take care

December 13, 2009 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home