Friday, August 28, 2009

Wrigley Field (Aug.28)

This afternoon, I was lucky enough to step onto legendary Wrigley Field and sing the National Anthem with the rest of the Jersey Boys cast (well, the majority of them at least). I am not a huge baseball fan (much to my father's dismay), but I can appreciate a ballpark like Wrigley. You just walk in there and the history kind of consumes you. A total "old school" park that still doesn't have a big jumbo-tron scoreboard...just literally someone that replaces the numbers of hits and runs every time they happen by hand.

I didn't stay for the whole game because I wanted to try and enjoy a few hours with Sarah and Riley before I had to head to the theatre, but I really enjoyed the time I was there. And of course, had my traditional dog, beer and cracker jacks...which my stomach was not happy with me about.

For those of you who missed it, here's us singing the anthem. I get a nice closeup as the song is starting:




Also, for those of you kind of wondering who is replacing Craig Laurie as Bob Crewe...all I can say is he is also singing the anthem and you can see him on screen. But I won't tell you his name because it's kind of fun reading all your posts trying to decipher it.

Oh, and another thing...I love whirlyball. It's 5 on 5 lacrosse in bumper cars...amazing. The tradition here in Chicago is as shows come into town (Chicago, Rent, Mary Poppins, Spring Awakening, etc), Jersey Boys challenges those shows to whirlyball for a few hours. It leaves me in pain and I am exhausted and yet it is the best time ever!

So that's all I got. Two shows tomorrow and then a final show for Craig on Sunday with a big party afterward.

Night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Eric - since you are the understudy for Bob Crewe can I guess that it will be you taking over the role? Let me know
Love to the 3 of you
Bubi

August 29, 2009 7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just got home from a chilly wet weekend in Saugatuck,,, I viewed the video,, I only have this to say,, I think I am the only father in law that can claim his son in law has sang the national anthemn in Yankee Stadium, Dodger Stadium and Wrigley Field.... keep up the good work.....

August 30, 2009 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home