Saturday, November 04, 2006

62.8% done... (Nov.4)

Hello all my loyal readers...okay, that means my parents, my friend Joe, and my aunt Sha.

Actually...I have been getting some emails lately from people who have read my blog and it's great to know that people who care about this show have really been able to enjoy what I have been writing...and perhaps give some insight to this unbelievable experience.

Moving on...

Today we staged through "Dawn (Go Away)"..which means we have about 4 pages left of Act One. What that also means is that on November 17, we are done with rehearsal and thusly (yes, I used the word "thusly"), we have 11 1/2 days left of working rehearsals before we pack up NYC and head to tech hell which will be known as San Francisco.

Also, I found out yesterday that I will be playing live guitar for about 4 or 5 songs and that is HUGE for me. I mean, I have been playing guitar for almost 20 years and I was a little heartbroken when I first was told we are not live...I find it a real honor that they feel my ability is good enough to plug in and play. A big shout out to my buddy Miles Aubrey (plays Nick Devito and others in the show) who is also playing live (guitar and drums)...and is a freaking incredible player!

So what's next? Finish Act One. Run Act One. Work on Act One. Stage Act Two??? God willing. All I know is every day I wake up at 8:23am, walk Toby the dog, get ready, go on the subway, and have the best 8 hours of my life. I am getting paid to watch Tony award winners direct and make jokes with us (p.s. I heard Des play an original song on acoustic guitar today and it was super cool...he also liked my "The Who" shirt I wore today). I am hopeful that they tell us who we are going to be understudying soon so I can start working on other characters I am going to play. Also, they are hiring a third male swing - who probably won't be getting into things until mid-next week - poor bastard.

That's it for now folks...keep those comments and emails coming. And please feel free to share this with anyone else that might get a kick out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home