Monday, November 06, 2006

Act One's Got Nothin' On Me (Nov.6)

Well my dear readers...Act One is blocked, staged, rehearsed and fully on it's feet.

As of 6:05 pm tonight (the things we do for our craft...going five minutes over), the last notes of "Dawn" were sung, Norm Waxman approaches the Seasons, Tommy deviate enters on the bridge, the "Walk Like a Man" reprise was sung...and if we had lights, the blackout would have been awesome.

So what does this mean next in the exciting ongoing adventures of Super Guter and his wild band of Jersey Boys and Girls...? Act Two starts tomorrow. And if I don't get the bass charts down for my Joe Long character, then I am going to look like a real asshole.

Also went for costume fitting #2 today. Did you know that I was told that I'm one of the tallest members of the cast they had to fit (when was 5'9" tall?). Either way, I tried on the "Four Lovers" jacket that is being built for me, the gorilla mask came in (I can see through it a lot easier than the rehearsal one), and a few more pairs of pants. Also, we went over the finale number musically with Ron today and I'm loving singing some higher stuff...a big thank you to Riccolla and Emergen-C.

Oh...and the rumor is that this Thursday, some press people are coming over to the rehearsal to take some pics and video feeds...so it looks like we might all need to curb the fart jokes for 10 minutes. Also, the cast was invited to Sardi's Thursday evening for the unveiling of Des' Sardi's character. FUN!

Anyway - just wanted to update a little bit for everyone. Now that I know that more people are reading (and hopefully enjoying), I will do my best to blog at least 4 times/week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking it up. On the Barry Gibb Talk Show.

November 09, 2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home