Monday, November 27, 2006

I Blinked My Eyes, And We Were Done (Nov. 27)

before the dinner break, we were 82% of the way through the show...

"we'll get through fallen angel by the end of the night", i said to myself.

this evening, as i walked to my bus stop to take the tiring ride back, it amazed me that we just did the entire show!

now sure, the finale was a rough tech - we need to work out our spacing, the lights, the guitar balance, the costumes and wigs. but we ran it. the full company on stage. and at the black out, there was a cheer.

so what does that mean now? now we run the show. we clean up the rough spots. we get all the questions answered. i try to figure out what the hell to do with my hair and which black shoes i wear for which scenes...

i also want to take a second to talk about one of my cast mates; you see, my friends, when you are doing tech - many times you have to go back and run a scene a few times so the lighting and sound cues go perfectly. we, on average, are running scenes four times through to get things where they need to be. also in our show, the Frankie Valli character sings something like 26 songs in one night (a heavy load for any performer). our Frankie, Christopher Kale Jones, has been out there in tech, on stage, for about 7 hours/day. he is giving everything he has at all times and i just want to say i take off my hat to him for working so hard and singing as much as he is. that boy has pipes of steel and i can't imagine how tired he must be as he gets home every night. i just want him to know that we are all behind him and we think he is doing a fantastic job.

that being said, i also want to say how 1) our other three leads (Deven May, Erich Bergen and Michael Ingersoll) are all taking this show and making it into a tremendous piece of theatre every time they are on stage. 2) our Jersey Girls (Jackie Seiden, Melissa Strom and Sandra DeNise) are gorgeous and tearing up the stage. 3) all the ensemble in this show have been so supportive of each other and it's been such a privilege working with them.

okay, enough ass-kissing. the truth is, all these people know i love them and this cast is fucking incredible...

...and come December 10, San Francisco is going to be on its ass. seriously, the first National company of Jersey Boys is going to take this show and kick the crap out of the Bay area.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were in Detroit for Thanksgiving and Aunt Karen told me about this blog. So fun to follow along as you prepare for the tour. I've told some friends to try and catch your show and they all think it is hilarious that I have a cousin in a Broadway tour because they know I can't even sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to Adam on key. Anyway, we hope to see you in Chicago or Minneapolis one day. So proud of you!

November 28, 2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Crissy said...

Hey! I just found your blog while searching for my friend Chris Jones. Can you please tell him I said hi and ask him to check his Yahoo! e-mail (I've e-mailed him there)? I haven't seen him in a few years and miss him a lot. Thanks!

December 06, 2006 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home