Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Focus People, Focus (Nov,14)

We staged the curtain call today...for almost two hours...over and over again...

"Bow on 1 and 5". "Keep moving". "Anticipate". "Do it again".

I have been involved in many curtain calls in my life but never have they been so choregraphed (that's not a bad thing at all - i LOVE Sergio, Kelly, and Danny). We literally are counting 1-2-3-4 for our full company bow, 5-6-7-8 for the turn to our conductor, etc, etc...

But we also started running the show. Yes, of course, there were a few stops here and there to work on transitions and spacing, but we are definitely hitting the home stretch here in New York.

...which leads me to my next comment: i am starting to get unfocused. Not because i am not having fun - because I truly am - it's the fact that my head stats jumping to other things; when am I going to pack? What time do I have to leave for Michigan on Friday and how much time will I have back home before I fly on Sunday? Why does the US Post Office suck so bad and why can't the figure out how to forward me any of my fucking mail? I am happy to say that others in the company are also saying they are having trouble focusing...but I need to make a better effort these next few days...especially with invited guests coming to see us Thursday and Friday.

The big news of the day is they announced understudy positions for us today. I am THRILLED to announce that I am going to be understudying both the Tommy DeVito and Bob Gaudio roles. I certainly am going to have big shoes to fill (Deven May is freaking unreal and Erich Bergen wears bigger shoes than me...haha!) - but how wonderful to have the chance to learn two of the leads in this remarkable show.

Lastly - found out that a few more parents are keeping up with my blog to check on their children. I leave tonight with a few special comments to them about their kids.

Mama Strom: You have a lovely daughter. She is a constant joy (and my favorite) to bother during rehearsal. Between her Dr. Pepper commercial (I've never wanted a mediocre beverage so much in my life), or the headshots on her website slowly transitioning from "Smiley Melissa" to "Serious Melissa", she always makes me laugh and I hope to meet you if we ever get to Texas...just to see if your smile is as nice as hers.

Taylor's mom: Your son is like the little brother I always wanted. He is always focused during rehearsals (on his first-person video games on his computer), always up for great conversation (about the new video games he is going to be getting), or working very hard on all the parts he is going to be swinging (all while browsing the internet for killer video games). All kidding aside - he is doing great and he cracks me up every day. Oh...and I actually do have two younger brothers...but I thought it was a nice thing to say :)

Jackie's mom: Jackie bought me a cookie today. But she ate it before I could get it.

That's it for now folks - I'll post again before I head off to San Fran! Send good thoughts our way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home